Thread: Gnome & KDE?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Gnome & KDE?

so I'm having ubuntu 10.04 amd64 installed and as I know it uses Gnome environment ,then I've installed Kubuntu desktop system (KDE Environment),and whenever I log in KDE Session ,the Cairo dock and avant dock and screenlets appears on my KDE ,so is there anyway to separate KDE settings from Gnome settings as what I've understood because I'm new to ubuntu and Kubuntu , so please help ?
    and thanks
    Last edited by binarylife; August 18th, 2010 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Resolved

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Re: Gnome & KDE?

Hi,
    I didn't realize it until now, but apparently the KDE desktop can run both Gnome's startup applications (located at /home/yourname/.config/autostart/) and KDE's startup applcations (located at /home/yourname/.kde/Autostart/)

Try starting KDE then go to Settings > System Settings > then Advanced Tab > Autostart. Now uncheck each of the applications you don't want to automatically start with KDE. Don't delete them though, because they will be deleted from your Gnomes startup applications too.

Hope this helps.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Gnome & KDE?

Quote Originally Posted by ankspo71 View Post
    Hi,
    I didn't realize it until now, but apparently the KDE desktop can run both Gnome's startup applications (located at /home/yourname/.config/autostart/) and KDE's startup applcations (located at /home/yourname/.kde/Autostart/)

Try starting KDE then go to Settings > System Settings > then Advanced Tab > Autostart. Now uncheck each of the applications you don't want to automatically start with KDE. Don't delete them though, because they will be deleted from your Gnomes startup applications too.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks it works , and another solution is to make a new user !