Thread: When installing Apps it asks for a password, I type it correctly and it gives an erro

Beans

When installing Apps it asks for a password, I type it correctly and it gives an erro

hello, (I repeat this message in English, my apologies)

I come from Windows, I am new to Linux and Ubuntu. I just installed Ubuntu 24.04 for the first time.
    I have Windows 10 on an SSD and I installed Ubuntu on a different SSD. They remain in dual mode.

When installing I chose to start without asking for a password.
    (when everything was complete and working I planned to change to "ask for password at startup")

Ubuntu starts fine, the OS was updated correctly (it did not ask for a password)
    Wanting to install Applications, it asks for the password, I write it, the installation does not start and the message appears:

PackageKit error: PackageKitError.notAuthorized
    Failed to obtain authentication

The password is fine, written carefully, but there is no way
    I don't understand,

can anybody help me?

thank you and greetings

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: When installing Apps it asks for a password, I type it correctly and it gives an

just a guess .. you didn't have caps lock on when you inputted the password to begin with ? ..
    Nothing travels faster than the speed of light, with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws. (Douglas Adams)

Beans

Re: When installing Apps it asks for a password, I type it correctly and it gives an

Thanks for answering gezzer2, I tried every way without finding a solution. But I did end up solving it by reinstalling Ubuntu from scratch, so: SOLVED

Beans
    Hidden!

harsh but effective. glad you got it sorted ..
    Nothing travels faster than the speed of light, with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws. (Douglas Adams)